But behold, happy days are here again! Noah just started kindergarten (full day, praise the lawd), and Jon's back for fourth grade, so it's just me and Lily-bean until Christmas break! Woo to the hoo... now I can watch all the Dr. Phil I want and there's no one to stop me. NO ONE!
Here's a recap of what I did over my summer break, and there will be some follow-up posts about a few things, because I love to over-elaborate on things. That's just how I riggity-roll.
1. I completely obsessed about how to style a bookcase. OB-SESSED. For reals. I finished it though, and I'm sort of happy with how it turned out. Sort of.
2. The hubs and I put together a swing set, and our marriage survived to tell the tale. IT'S A MIRACLE.
3. Lily started scooting on her belly and then crawling, leading me to contemplate sewing Swiffer pads to her clothes. I'm not kidding, I really thought about the logistics of this idea.
4. I finally figured out what to do with the space above my kitchen cabinets.
5. I found a great website for planning home and gardening projects... and it's FREE. FA-REE.
6. I became a bit addicted to selling things on Ebay. It started with just a couple of things... and then it snowballed. MUST. SELL. EVERYTHING.
7. I found out that Lily is not a complainer, even if she has a raging ear infection. A tough cookie, that one.
8. I found out how to child-proof the dog. It's not easy and not convenient.
9. I almost had a nervous breakdown about meal-planning, due to picky eaters. I found a mini-solution though, which has helped that nervous twitch I developed.
10. I turned 35. HOLLA 40, I'M HEADED YOUR WAY.
Did you do anything noteworthy this summer?
I would love it if you would follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram!