I have more than enough orange lights for Halloween, so I commandeered a set for my coals.
Once I tested them, I got to work... I used black electrical tape to tape three lights together in a bundle... and I kept going until all the lights were taped.
Once that was done, I grabbed some scrap black fabric and cut them into squares, about three inches by three inches or so. I used black thread to wrap the fabric around the light bundles.
That was it... now, I have orange-ish coals to go under my cauldron. I would love for them to flicker, but they didn't come with one of those flicker bulbs so I made a sad face and moved on. Here they are under their cauldron, cooking up something wicked.
Halloween is only 16 days away. I can hardly contain my excitement.