I just have to believe you've all been stockpiling the items we've discussed. If you have, then I'll be seeing you when the world ends. And we'll be real-life friends instead of just bloggy friends.
Today, we're going to talk about why rubber bands are the latest must-have.
1. It should go without saying, but these are great for shooting with your hand, which is a great defense against the undead. Ask the teenagers to do it because since school's been back in session, they've been practicing.
2. You know those bouncy ball vending machines that are in the grocery store? The ones that elicit the begging of quarters? The little bouncy balls that end up underneath your stove? Those little things will be the first things to be looted, count on it. And when that happens, you might think your only option is to live a bouncy ball free life. NOT IF I CAN HELP IT. Make a rubber band ball... it bounces. If you make it big enough it bounces super-duper high. This girl has made more than a few rubber band balls in her lifetime.
3. It should go without saying, but rubber bands are essential for holding back your ponytail. And trust me, when you're gutting a zombie, the last thing you need is hair in your face.
4. If you take a rubber band and a paper clip, you can extend the size of your jeans. Really. And this will come in handy for me because once the apocalypse happens, I'm going to get SOOOOO FAT.
5. There's a craft on Pinterest that shows what vases look like if you wrap rubber bands around them and spray paint. Once the bands are removed, you have art. Crafters will thrive during the apocalypse if I have anything to say about it.
6. Rubber bands are a great tool for organizing. When the zombies attack, all of us ambitious folks will be furiously creating pamphlets to educate the masses. And when you're handing out your 'SURVIVE THE APOCALYPSE WITH RUBBER BANDS' leaflets, you can use your rubber band to keep them all nice and neat in their pile. Nice and neat will still be important at the end of the world.
7. You can make a guitar out of a shoebox and rubber bands. Wait, let me rephrase that: YOU TOTALLY NEED TO MAKE A GUITAR WITH A SHOEBOX AND RUBBER BANDS. We can start a post-apocalyptic band and tour the country. We will be a sensation.
Until next time survivors,