I was watching South Park a few minutes ago, Cartman must have seeped into my subconscious.
Anyhoo, I'm 33 today. And here's what I've learned about birthdays:
1. Despite multiple letters to several Presidents, they won't make your birthday a national holiday unless you do something really great, like found the country or something. LIKE THAT HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE.
2. Even though I'm an adult, I still get excited before my birthday. Not sure if that ever goes away.
3. When I was young, I assumed that my birthday would always be about me... nowadays, I let the kids pick where to have lunch. I've become a selfless mother. WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?
4. I've learned that they still give you a free dessert at most restaurants when you tell them it's your birthday. I have gained more than a few pounds so far.
5. Most importantly, I've learned that you don't have to blog on your birthday. :)