My husband just asked how my head fits through the front door. WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN, TOUGH GUY?
Michelle over at Simplify, Live, Love gave me this award. She's super-awesome too... you need to check out her blog.
Here are the RULES for the Versatile Blogger Award-
1. Add the award to your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
3. Mention seven random things about yourself. (see below)
4. List the rules.
5. Award to 15 bloggers.
6. Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I have added the award to my blog. Check.
2. Hey, Michelle... thanks a bundle! Because of you, I have learned what versatile means! ;). Check.
3. Seven random things about myself... this isn't hard. I have so many strange and random characteristics. How should we do this? Alphabetically? Chronologically? Since it's supposed to be "random" things, I suppose that random is a good order. For your entertainment, here is some randomness:
I am a budgeter. A for real, hard-core, budgeting master. I know where every single penny that we earn goes. If I'm being honest, most of those pennies are going toward milkshakes. DON'T JUDGE ME.
I love "The Office" and watch all the episodes religiously on Netflix... but my favorite show of all time? "The Golden Girls". Seriously, it's just as funny today as it ever was... watch it, you'll thank me later.
Both of my parents are deaf so I know sign language. Which is nice. Except, I stutter while I sign. Really... I can't describe it any better, I stutter while I sign. I'm such a weirdo.
I'm not a sporty girl. I played softball for several years as a child and they were always impressed if I ever caught or hit a ball. They were not often impressed, sadly. And I can't watch sports too much, because I get all hyped up and then I have an anxiety attack. I'm ridiculous.
I am ridiculously into politics. Since this isn't a political blog, I won't tell you which side of the aisle I lean, but I can't watch the news without getting all facts-stating and eye-rolling. I really wish I didn't care, but I REALLY CARE.
I have to wear socks all the time. I've told you before that I even sleep in my socks... I get really unhappy if I'm not wearing socks.
My favorite candy bar is Snickers... I won't turn down a Twix bar though. Oooh, or a Mr. Goodbar. To heck with it, I just like candy.
Seven random things... check.
4. List the rules. See rules above. Check.
5. Award this to 15 bloggers. This is a tricky one. I have a lot of blogs that I love... I think I'll give this to bloggers that I think we should keep our eye one... 'cause they're awesome and deserve a little recognition.
1) Kathe over at Kathe With An E. She's a fellow Goodwill shopper and she always finds way better stuff than I do.
2) Meg at Nutmeg Place. She's got a great tutorial on making a window cornice, you'll love it!
3) Katie at ...for Lauren and Lauren. She has a sister and a sister-in-law named Lauren. And so she made a blog for them. Which is way super-nice.
4) Carol over at Are We There Yet? You've got to see the kitchen she remodeled... she hasn't shown the final pictures yet, but the before pictures are great. The wallpaper alone is enough to give you nightmares.
5) Deborah over at confessions of a craigslist junkie. I love Craigslist but I can't ever get the good stuff in time. It's probably because Deborah has already gotten it. She's that good.
6) Aunna from Rips In My Jeans. She's working on redoing her apartment on a budget and so far, it's looking pretty good. Give her a visit!
7) Kirby from Kirb Appeal. She has porch envy and so do I.
8) Sarah at Renewed Upon A Dream. You've gotta love anyone who is obsessed with pinwheels.
9) Michelle Paige at Michelle Paige. She gave her blog her name... and I wish I could do that, but my name isn't as melodious as hers. I shall now be changing my name.
10) Sara from Sara's Closet. She just redid a craigslist chair and it is amazing. Seriously, check her out.
11) Lorie at Reading Confetti. She has great ideas for keeping kids busy... which I am interested in... since my 3-year old IS INTO EVERYTHING AND I HAVEN'T HAD A MOMENT TO MYSELF SINCE HE'S BEEN BORN.
12) Karen at Somewhat Quirky. I can't even describe to you why I love her blog... go check it out and you'll love her too, I guarantee it.
13) Karin from Yankee Doodle Designs. She has great projects and she makes you believe you can do them to... you've gotta love that.
14) Ange from Decorating the Dorchester Way. I love to read her blog. It seems like she actually knows what she's doing, which is refreshing for me since I clearly don't.
15) Amy at While Wearing Heels. First, because I envy any woman who does all the things we have to do and wears heels while doing it, and because she made an amazing 'The United Scraps of America' project that you have to see to believe. I am in awe of her skills!
16) Mar at Our Marvelous Clan. She just got back from vacation and I am jealous.
Yes, that is 16... I might add some more. Being given an award makes you feel drunk with power. I AM THE QUEEN OF THE INTERNET.
Gracious... that was hard. Mostly because there were lots of other blogs I wanted to give this to... I don't like having to narrow things down. At any rate, that step... check.
6. Comment on their blogs to inform them of their awesomeness... which I'm off to do now. Kinda-check.